Monday 1 June 2009

Billionaire vows revenge

Mikhail Prokhorov has promised that he will personally deal with two "gentlemen" who he claims had insulted his sister in Norilsk, the billionaire metals tycoon said in his blog. "I will beat their faces in with my own hands - you know I can do this."
The insult directed against his sister was apparently part of a larger campaign aimed at his charity foundation, which is hosting the Taimyr Cactus arts festival in Norilsk. "On the opening day of the festival, I got a call from my distraught sister, who said that a group of men came out" with placards ridiculing the businessman and his activities.
Prokhorov's sister, Irina, heads the festival's expert committee.
"I know for certain who organized this provocation," Prokhorov said in his post. "And you know them. They have insulted Irina and insulted a charity fund that develops cultural and social projects, which has nothing to do with my business."
Prokhorov said that he has nothing against people criticizing him or his business, but a personal insult against his sister is one step too far.
"I always react positively to smear articles and campaigns against me. But this is different - one of the [organisers of the campaign] personally insulted my sister. And I will not let anyone do that. You should always punish rudeness and insults against women. And I know only one effective way to do this. If these two gentlemen do not apologize before my sister, I will do what any man should do."

No comments: